Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 7 & 8 - Chicken, fish, cheese, steak...

Yes, I'm thinking about food.  Non-plant food.  I'm not sure what our first meal will be when we're done fasting but it's going to be great!!  Grilled chicken breast on a salad sounds lovely about now.  And cheese....oh how I love cheese.  I would like a grilled steak with some Gorgonzola cheese crumbles on top and some sauteed mushrooms.  Mmmmm....I'm making myself hungry.

Snacks
We've been having to be creative with our snacks.  We have found that plantain chips are delicious either plain or with salsa and guacamole.  I found some seaweed snacks but haven't tried those yet.  I'll let you know what we think of those.  We also like banana chips and dried green beans.    I haven't had success making good baked kale.  It's always soggy.  Whole Foods sells some awesome baked kale but it is really expensive (like $7 a box!).

Morning Juice
Another not so delicious morning juice.  It had mango, blueberries, kiwi, apples and coconut water but it just didn't have that sweet delicious taste.  It wasn't terrible but not one of my favorites. Oh, it was better than the one I made the other day though with the grapefruit.  

Mid morning juice
Usually the mid morning juices are my least favorite because it's more veggie based but today's juice is tasty!  However, I'm hungry.  I brought spaghetti squash for lunch but that's not really dinging any bells for me.  Maybe I'll get a salad instead.  

Lunch
Decided on a salad, however, I didn't put enough vinegar on it so it doesn't really taste that great.  Bummer.  Today the cafeteria was serving roasted turkey with your choice of steamed veggies.  I wanted it!!


I'm hungry today...
And I want MEAT!!

Dinner
We struggled today.  Both John and I were about to throw in the towel and eat some meat.  But we hung tough.  I had a bowl of tomato soup and he pretty much just ate snacks (guacamole, salsa, plantain chips, carrots, green beans).  We had a serious discussion about whether or not we want to continue on this plan or should we start incorporating meat  back into our diet.  We're going to anyway, right?  Why not do it 5 days before we were planning to??  We went to bed both saying to each other "let's discuss it tomorrow....we're weak right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment