Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 5 - off today from work

Ok so I realize now that my best blogs come from the days I'm sitting at my desk in front of the computer.  I hate to disappoint so I will post about day 5.  Today has been great.  We slept in until 9 am. and only woke up because the dogs know their schedule and started letting us know they needed to go out.  After we let the dogs out I enjoyed my tea while John decided to have a protein shake.  The protein shake didn't hold him though and he actually felt dehydrated!  I was feeling great knowing i didn't have to be anywhere at any specific time today so I was just flowing like water.

Morning Juice
Since John was the one feeling hungry he was in charge of our morning juice. We have a lot more veggies than fruit left so he was limited with the options for our morning juice but he managed to make us a fabulous morning juice.  He threw in pineapple, apple, pears, kiwi, oranges and a lime and it was great!


Afternoon
We weren't very busy today since I was off so we didn't need as many calories.  We made a great mid morning juice using what we are running down to: beets, kale, carrots, apples, and pineapple.

The day
It was a pretty easy, laid back day.  We weren't hungry after our drinks so didn't worry about eating.  For dinner John had left over veggie soup and I had a left over acorn squash with mushroom stuffing.  It is very hot and humid today in Maryland so eating doesnt sound that fun.

I made more sweet potato and carrot fries for us to munch on while we sit on the porch and watch movies.  Life is good and we're doing great on this juice thing;.  I am certainly looking forward to day 16 when we can have some chicken or fish along with what we are currently doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment