Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 4 - Slowly making new habits

Here we are. Day 4.  Whew.  And it's my short week so today is my "Friday".  I don't have to stress tonight about preparing tomorrow's juices and lunches.  That has helped to start my day off on the right foot.  I'm a little tired today but probably because I stayed up to watch the end of a movie last night so I didn't go to bed when I should have.  I tend to do that on the night before my last workday.  I figure, who cares if I'm tired all day at work tomorrow?  I am off after that.  John went to bed well after I did (at least in my groggy sleepiness I thought I heard him come to bed what seemed like HOURS later).  But he was up at 7:30 this morning ready to get busy with things.  I'll bet money he'll take a nap later (jealous!). He complained about his allergies today though.  He took some allergy meds so that should help him function.

Breakfast
This sentence is going to get boring to all of you after awhile but, I LOVE the morning juice!  Today I did what another friend called "a clean out the fridge" juice.  I used up all the few things left in the fridge like the 10 raspberries we had left, the 5 strawberries, the blackberries, the mango, the 1/4 watermelon, etc.  I can't remember what all I put in this thing but all refrigerator fruits went into this thing today.  Scrumptious!!

Mid-Morning Juice
Mid-morning juice (limes not pictured)
John's vote is that this is the best mid-morning juice yet!  I added two limes in it and it really helps to mask the smell and taste of all the other green veggies! My vote on the other hand is not the best one yet.  I'm glad I put two limes in it because it does taste like a lime juice drink but I think I like the beet juices better!

Lunch
Mmmm....I LOVE avocados so I went generous today and put an entire avocado on my salad.  Normally, I wouldn't use that much but if I have to do without the meat and cheese I'm going to add my most favorite other topping.  Yum.

Maryland Weather
It is super hot and humid today.  John's allergies flare up when it's this bad.  He could feel it was a bad day right away this morning.  On a true cleanse we're not suppose to take any pills or drugs so we can truly clean out our systems, however, modern science is good for somethings, right?  Sacrifice is part of a fast but this is not a sacrifice of personal comfort in all aspects of the word.  He still enjoys his cigars during this fast too but he has given up coffee!!  He misses coffee so much.  We were watching a movie the other day and one of the characters was grinding coffee beans. He almost had to close his eyes because he didn't want to be reminded of what he is missing!

Dinner
I came home from work and took a glorious nap.  Tonight is my 'Friday' so it's a chill night for us.  I made us more sweet potato and carrot 'fries' and some kale chips to much on.  We are sitting on the porch watching movies and munching.  Doing what we do.  Life is good.  Day 5 here we come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment